Videos of OpenMoko in action

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at
Fri Apr 23 12:46:26 CEST 2010

With Professor Regis Rossi I made a video of his application "Open

which used the Openmoko to control the sound channels of recorded sound
to place the listener "inside" the music.

If you had a number of microphones positioned in the sound scene, you
would move the listener throughout the placement of the microphones by
using the FreeRunner.  It was a pretty cool application that would have
been difficult, if not impossible, to create as just a layered
application without changing the underlying OS.

Here is a "fun" video I made while running Debian on the FreeRunner:

I pretended I was a Systems Administrator on vacation, and indicated
that from my FreeRunner running Debian I could have access to many, if
not all, of the tools that I would use on my notebook and workstation,
therefore fix a lot of problems.

You are welcome to point to the videos, or even copy them and distribute