[shr-t] typing sms over ssh

YoYo Siska yoyo at om.ksp.sk
Fri Apr 23 18:30:37 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 01:58:21PM +0200, Xavier Cremaschi wrote:
> Le 23/04/2010 11:56, neo at el-hennig.de a écrit :
> >> Just a question : is there any way to launch phoneui-messages through
> >> ssh -X ? It keeps ignoring $DISPLAY and displays itself on FR screen...
> >>
> >> IIRC I was able to do that previously...
> >
> > maybe an alterantive would be using thone...
> > http://code.google.com/p/thone/
>
> No thanks, I need to launch phoneui-messages, not to send a message over
> ssh (console tools would be pertinent then)

The phone apps are displayed by an ui "daemon" app.  IIRC it's called
phoneuid and starts on X startup, connects to the local DISPLAY and
phoneui-message and others just tell it to pop up the respective
windows.

You could however try stopping it (killall phoneuid), then running it on
your ssh forwarded display and then running phoneui-messages...
You will have to kill it then again and run it on the freerunner's DISPLAY to
have your apps work on freerunner again.

yoyo