beniwtv at beniwtv at
Tue Apr 27 10:15:34 CEST 2010

Quoting Chuck Norris <norris.chuck at>:

> Can someone point me in docs or show configs how to configure bluetooth
> network with FreeRunner and my linux box(I have gentoo). I tried read
> but without success... :( Is it only possible configure
> bluetooth on linux (bluez4) through dbus?

That's actually very easy :) Here is what I do:

1) Install emtooth and pair with my computer. Once this is done, the
next time I want to use it I just have to open emtooth and let my
computer (Linux) connect to the FR.

2) Don't forget to set a name for the bluetooth device (I personally
want it to be something else than om-gta-02).

3) Then I fill in /etc/udhcpd.conf with the following information:

# The start and end of the IP lease block
start	#default:
end	#default:

# The interface that udhcpd will use
interface	bnep0		#default: eth0

# Other options
opt	dns
option	subnet
opt	router
option	domain	local

4) And my /etc/network/intrefaces:

# Bluetooth networking
iface bnep0 inet static
	up udhcpd
	down killall udhcpd

5) With that configuration, I just need to connect with bluetooth
networking and my computer automatically gets an IP address via DHCP.
(I have tested this with Linux and Mac OSX).

6) (Optional) If you want, you can also use IPtables to give Internet
access to your computer with the GPRS connection of the FR. (Let me
know if you need help with this).