[Shr-Devel] OMNewRotate 0.5.7 is out!

Tim Abell tim at timwise.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 23:36:56 CEST 2010

Hiya,

Firstly, thanks ever so much for putting in the effort getting my
changes to omnewrotate through. I've upgraded my SHR-T today and got the
latest version complete with init script. Woo!

Here's some observations:

*missing exec permission*

The exec permission is missing from the init script which is causing the
desktop shortcut to fail. Any chance you could get this fix rushed out?

root at om-gta02 ~ $ opkg install omnewrotate
Installing omnewrotate (0.5.7+svnr61-r0.4) to root...
Downloading
http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/ipk//armv4t/omnewrotate_0.5.7+svnr61-r0.4_armv4t.ipk.
Configuring omnewrotate.
root at om-gta02 ~ $ ls -l /etc/init.d/omnewrotate
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1115 Apr 22 12:03
/etc/init.d/omnewrotate
root at om-gta02 ~ $ ps -A | grep rot
root at om-gta02 ~ $ /usr/bin/omnewrotate.sh
/usr/bin/omnewrotate.sh: line 3: /etc/init.d/omnewrotate: Permission denied

*workaround*

  chmod +x /etc/init.d/omnewrotate

root at om-gta02 ~ $ chmod +x /etc/init.d/omnewrotate
root at om-gta02 ~ $ /usr/bin/omnewrotate.sh
starting omnewrotate...done
root at om-gta02 ~ $ /usr/bin/omnewrotate.sh
stopping omnewrotate...done

*unused config file*

I also noticed that /etc/default/omnewrotate.conf is used any more and
could be removed.

Thanks for all the hard work! One small step for omnewrotate, one giant
leap for SHR :-)

Tim Abell