GameRunner distribution

GNUtoo GNUtoo at
Thu Apr 29 22:48:23 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 11:05 -0700, Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> Hello,
>   GameRunner is an Openmoko Linux distribution. It aims convert
> the Freerunner open mobile phone in a Linux-based handheld
> game console.
> It is simple, and contains cool and suitable open source games for
> Linux mobile devices.
Great idea!!!
But I would prefer to just:
opkg install task-gamerunner under SHR,or shr-gamerunner images.

A big issue is that I was unable to remove frame pointer under a recent
and frame pointer says:

If you say Y here the resulting kernel image will be slightly
larger and slower, but it gives very useful debugging information
in case of kernel bugs. (precise oopses/stacktraces/warnings)

If I remember well on htcdream that had huge performances impact....
(from unusable midori to usable)

By the way we have some games in openembedded and maybe SHR:
*battle for wesnoth
*xboard + gnuchess and/or phalanx(for beginners)
*numpty physics
just grep for game in openembedded