T-mobile even more plus

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Mon Aug 2 20:36:23 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I just came home from a wonderful trip trough the USA.
Lots of beautiful scenery and animals.
I also used my european FR to make calls and to have internet access.
The "even more plus unlimited data plan" was not available for my SIM
card, i would have needed a new sim card, but because i was traveling
this was not an option.
So i went with the prepaid "sidekick" plan, unlimited internet access
for 1 dollar per day.
It worked very well in california and was usable in the other states.
don't expect miracles, it is gprs and thus a bit slow, and in states
like nevada, you only have coverage near big cities.
This might be due to the fact that i have a European FR, i am not sure.
It worked well enough to send my gps logs back home while i was driving.

I also used my FR to track my transatlantic flight, from holland to
San francisco,  see [1] [2]
(with an external battery pack to cover the ten hour flight)

Kind regards,
Ed

[1] http://www.kapitein.org/thumb/1278065110.jpg
[2] http://www.kapitein.org/thumb/1278099770.jpg