Create personal Maps for tangogps or similar

David Garabana Barro david at
Thu Aug 5 11:44:13 CEST 2010

On Thursday 05 August 2010 11:16:31 Kevin Zuber wrote:
> Dear Openmoko Community,
> I want to create some personal maps for viewing on the freerunner GPS
> application (like tangogps).
> All available maps (open streetmap and google maps etc.) does not meet
> my demands, so I want to create one myself.
> The map I need shows the depth of a lake. (In Germany it's called a
> "Tiefenkarte" - "depth map")

Why not contributing to OSM?
That's the sense of a free map...

AFAIK you can find seamap tiles (that's the name of the .png's you've found) in

I bet you can find lot more help about GIS on OSM lists [2]