Create personal Maps for tangogps or similar

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 11:47:54 CEST 2010

My 2 cents : Inkscape + shell script
- Inkscape can open vectorial image, svg or even pdf
- Inkscape can export vectorial image in png
- Inkscape can be use from command line

About Inkscape pdf import functions :
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Current_PDF_Support

If pdf import fails, you need to find a "pdf to svg" tool to be able to
use Inkscape later (maybe imagemagick, maybe some pdf tools like pdftk
or xpdf-util, maybe gimp, maybe firefox). Check
http://www.calcmaster.net/personal_projects/pdf2svg/

About inkscape in command line : man inkscape
Maybe there is a zoom param or something like that which will allow you
to render part of your image.

Xavier.