Create personal Maps for tangogps or similar

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at
Thu Aug 5 11:47:54 CEST 2010

My 2 cents : Inkscape + shell script
- Inkscape can open vectorial image, svg or even pdf
- Inkscape can export vectorial image in png
- Inkscape can be use from command line

About Inkscape pdf import functions :

If pdf import fails, you need to find a "pdf to svg" tool to be able to
use Inkscape later (maybe imagemagick, maybe some pdf tools like pdftk
or xpdf-util, maybe gimp, maybe firefox). Check

About inkscape in command line : man inkscape
Maybe there is a zoom param or something like that which will allow you
to render part of your image.