Create personal Maps for tangogps or similar

Kevin Zuber openmoko at
Thu Aug 5 17:53:45 CEST 2010

> Well, you can't :)
> I read your other post. To make it all work, you need to:
> a) rectify your image - there are services like , but be careful, they publish your maps by default. They are open source, but difficult to set up. This will calibrate the scanned map with OSM overlay.
> b) find the coordinates of the edges - should not be very hard
> c) modify my set of scripts to accept the rectified image and edges' coordinates - I'll have to take a look at it if you need help here
> d) run the script

Ok I make progress. What I meant with "gps calibration" is Image
Rectification[1] as you described but I didn't know about this before

Shouldn't be the geo and coordinate information inside the GeoTiff
Image after rectification? So step b) may be skipped?

Your script require an osm file or zoom-12, so I just need a way to
convert a geotiff file to osm, right?