Create personal Maps for tangogps or similar

Kevin Zuber openmoko at knet.eu
Thu Aug 5 17:53:45 CEST 2010

> Well, you can't :)
>
> I read your other post. To make it all work, you need to:
> a) rectify your image - there are services like http://labs.metacarta.com/rectifier/ , but be careful, they publish your maps by default. They are open source, but difficult to set up. This will calibrate the scanned map with OSM overlay.
> b) find the coordinates of the edges - should not be very hard
> c) modify my set of scripts to accept the rectified image and edges' coordinates - I'll have to take a look at it if you need help here
> d) run the script

Ok I make progress. What I meant with "gps calibration" is Image
Rectification[1] as you described but I didn't know about this before
:).

Shouldn't be the geo and coordinate information inside the GeoTiff
Image after rectification? So step b) may be skipped?

Your script require an osm file or zoom-12, so I just need a way to
convert a geotiff file to osm, right?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_rectification#Geographic_information_system
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeoTIFF