[Hackable:1] serial terminal program

Gay, John (GE Energy Services, Non-GE) John.Gay at ge.com
Thu Aug 12 16:04:42 CEST 2010

>"Gay, John (GE Energy Services, Non-GE)" <John.Gay at ge.com> writes:
>> recognizes and assigns to /dev/ttyUSB0. My problem is, minicom won't
>> run
>
>I prefer picocom.

Tried that, but it's too small . . . Is there a microcom? (-=

Actually, it works like a dream! I plugged my USB-> serial adapter from
my FR to an IBM server serial port, ran picocom and was able to log in.
Only problem: The IBM expects the terminal to 80 char X 24 lines and the
terminal on the FR is only 39 char X 24 lines.

Guess I'll see how bad this limit really is when I NEED to use this.

Cheers,

	John Gay