Problem converting maps. was: MC Navi 0.2.10 released

Thomas Franck thomas.franck at
Fri Aug 13 00:27:07 CEST 2010

On 08/12/2010 10:16 PM, Vladimir Koutny wrote:
> You have 32bit system and you need to enable largefile support while building
> osm2mcmap - add these defines while building:
> CFLAGS=`getconf LFS_CFLAGS` ./configure
> (usually expands to -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64)
> This will help with opening the file - but still the conversion will fail (somewhere
> around 7%) due to small address-space in 32bit mode (osm2mcmap loads the whole file
> into memory...)

Excellent pointer! thank you.. will have to look into those 64bit..
finally a reason to change! :D

> You can successfully convert smaller regions though - just download precomputed
> boundary extract from
> and then use with "-bi" option. (Still won't work for germany.osm - it is too large
> to fit into memory space)

Oh.. ic...  though, as I stated in the other mail.. I was under the
impression that we needed the "continent" boundary to do countries..?
does that mean we can use like germany boundary and do cities and areas?

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes
hurtling down the highway
  - Andrew S. Tanenbaum