Mail Wrapping

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:19:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
> If there is no such RFC, please report bugs for your clients that
> don't wrap long (MIME encoded) lines they receive to the width of
> the display window.

Nikolaus, thanks for the serious attitude wrt this issue.

My client does wrap long lines to the width of the display window, but
as i'm using a tiling window manager, my client is almost always
fullscreen (and sometimes i split my screen horizontally, with MUA's
width obviously not affected).

I can agree that using f=f is "legal" but nevertheless i can see no
reason why insist on using it given it seems to have no benefits but
quite some drawbacks and hence it's customary to avoid it (e.g. most
mails at LKML are wrapped).

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com