[SHR] X forwarding: export DISPLAY?

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 12:35:02 CEST 2010

--- On Wed, 8/18/10, Niels Heyvaert <nielsheyvaert at hotmail.com> wrote:
> This looks like a pretty comprehensive how-to.
>
> Anyone documenting this on the Wiki?

I benefited most of the conversation, so I had a look on the wiki and searched for "ssh $DISPLAY forward", which gave some 40 (not always relevant) results; the $ and capitals are not taken in account. "ssh $DISPLAY X11 forwarding" narrowed it down to 9 results, still no useful page to update.

Since disabling X11 forwarding in the default sshd config seems SHR specific, I had a look in the SHR manual.

I'd put it under networking, but the networking chapter is divided into media: USB/Wifi/GPRS (and Bluetooth seperately).

Would it be useful to have a chapter deamons defaults? Having just "SSH" in the middle is not in line with the structure of the manual.

I had a look at the USB-networking page, but the "issue" is not specific to USB networking.

A seperate page might lack context, so.... Any suggestions?

Boudewijn