Leaving the Openmoko community, new wiki-admin needed

Marko Knöbl openmoko.marko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 15:59:52 CEST 2010

Dear Openmoko community!

I have previously worked as the administrator of the Openmoko Wiki for the last
year. Unfortunately I have to announce that I will stop my involvement in the
Openmoko community and so a new admin is needed. The reason for leaving is
quite simple: I broke my FreeRunner last weekend at a party. Although I
enjoyed my time with it I won't get another one. (Instead I'm getting an N900
and hoping for MeeGo or Debian + FSO to provide a free OS for this device soon)

As I am leaving a new admin is needed in the wiki. The main task for such an
admin would be deleting pages which are either outdated or spam. More
information on the process of deleting pages can be found here:[1]. If you are
willing to assist the community by taking over this task please contact a wiki
sysop and request more rights on the wiki so you can delete pages. I think
Joachim Steiger (Roh) is the one to contact for this purpose.

I will continue the task of deleting unwanted pages until someone else will get
admin rights - but not longer than one month.

I wish you all the best for the future. It has been great to be a part of this
project!

OT: As my involvement in the Openmoko project is over I'm searching for new
challenges. I'm planning to take a break for several month now, but afterwards
I might consider writing some documentation again for some project related to
N900. So if you're working on a related project and need assisance with
documentation just contact me and maybe I'll join.

[1]
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Wiki_Editing_Guidelines#Deleting_pages