QtMoko v26

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Tue Aug 31 20:38:27 CEST 2010

On 08/31/2010 12:22 PM, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 August 2010 11:28:46 Francesco De Vita wrote:
>

>> Radek please can you explain these commands in the devtools?
>> - AGPS dump
>>
> You must have gps on and you must have fix. Then it takes data from GPS chip
> and saves them to /var/cache/agpsdata
>

>> - AGPS lead
>>
> You must have GPS on. It takes data previously dumped to /var/cache/agpsdata
> and sends them to GPS chip. The chip can use the data to get faster fix.
>
> Both of the above scripts are used automaticaly by qtopia GPS manager (it's
> called whereabouts or something like this) before turning GPS off and after
> powering it on.
>

>> - Fast Charge Mod
>>
> That's script from QtExtended 4.4.3 - i doubt it works.
>

>> - GPS standby enter
>>
> When GPS is on it can put it in standby. In this mode GPS consumes very little
> power.
>

>> - GPS standy leave
>>
> Leaves standby mode. You can normally use GPS then and it should get very fast
> fix.
>

>> Do you think to include a better wifi manager in next releases? the
>> default one still causes problem (alias you must be lucky to have a
>> working connection, at least for me).
>>
> I dont plan any rewriting. I will accept fixes/patches or standalone
> application for setting wifi (installable by Setting->package manager). But
> since wifi works on my open network it's not very high priority (which means
> someone else has to do the work ;-)
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

Hi Radek,

I tried to do AGPS dump, but that gives no data in
/var/cache/agpsdata.
Then i took a look at the sources and it says:
gta02-gps $GPS_ARGS --dump-agps $AGPS_PATH
(in qtmoko/devices/neo/src/devtools/scripts/gps-event.sh)

So i ran that manually, like this:
/opt/qtmoko/bin/gta02-gps $GPS_ARGS --dump-agps $AGPS_PATH
But that gives:
/opt/qtmoko/bin/gta02-gps: error while loading shared libraries:
libqtopiagfx.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and ldd /opt/qtmoko/bin/gta02-gps shows a lot of missing libraries.

Am i doing something wrong, or is the code not yet functional?

Kind regards,
Ed