qtmoko v30

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Dec 5 11:45:05 CET 2010

Hi,
qtmoko-v30 images are out now. They can be downloaded from sourceforge page
[1].

Qtmoko is debian+qtopia based distribution for Freerunner. For more info check
[2] [3].

For most users it's probably not worth upgrading, the changelog is very short:

- fixed headset jack detection
- Danish translations (Ole Carlsen)
- GPRS fix (Timo Juhani Lindfors)
- battery_platform for dumb batteries as module
- force GPS power up on resume (Gennady Kupava)

The headset jack can now be detected by using input device for it (patch by
larsc that creates this device is now included in kernel).

GPRS should be now more stable thanks to Timo's fix [4]. Please test and share
results :)

Dumb batteries could work now. You should do:

	modprobe platform_battery

or

	echo ppp_generic >> /media/card/etc/modules

to make it work. First one is for temporary test, second for permanent (reboot
needed). I havent tried, because i dont have dumb battery so again please test
it yourself and share results.

GPS powerup fix is probably needed only for uboot users, so i havent tested it
also.

Last probably most important change is that qtmoko and SHR have now same
source code. I have merged KMS patches from SHR and we have now same souce
code (only kernel config is now different).

I have also changed a bit my kernel branches. I will have two branches for
each release:

qtmoko-v30 is used for the release and contains stable 2.6.34 patches
qtmoko-v30-base is based on 2.6.34 without stable patches

In the "-base" branch you will see openmoko patches as top commits. This
branch can be also used for merging newer linux kernels.

The branch without "-base" has stable upstream kernel patches. It should be
secure but openmoko patches are not visible on the first look in history.

I hope you will like this release, although i had less time for it and it has
less improvements than i would like to.

Regards

Radek

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/