[ANNOUNCE] release candidate 1 for new SHR-testing 2011.1

omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Sun Dec 12 16:37:02 CET 2010

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:50:43 +0100
Thomas Zimmermann <ml at vdm-design.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag 12 Dezember 2010, 13:54:33 schrieb
> omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org:
> > Hey,
> > The moment I read this email, I forced myself to do a reinstall.
> > So far, so good. The switch from Illume to Illume2 was a bit confusing, but
> > I got used to the interface. The first impression: it's so fast! Scrolling
> > is finally smooth! And it doesn't have problems with my SIM card any more
> > (old shr-testing always complained that no sim card is present but
> > sometimes managed to start GSM). The speed after 1 day of usage is rather
> > good.
> >
> > Now on to the bugs:
> > TangoGPS was having trouble displaying the correct time from GPS the first
> > time I ran it. It stayed at ~epoch, while position was more or less
> > correct. The top shelf and home screen clocks don't update after resume (I
> > noticed this only today, after the alarm clock set off), until the minute
> > changes. There are some trouble with resizing windows properly when a new
> > window is shown and the keyboard was visible. The keyboard hides, but the
> > new window is not fully sized. Try showing the keyboard and pressing AUX.
> > Eve crashes with illegal instruction.
> >
> > Soon I will restore my custom settings (PIM, maps, keyboards) and report
> > again.
> >
> > Thanks for restoring SHR-t to life!
> >
> > rhn
>
> The bug with the keyboard resizing is known too, i forgot to mention this. Bug
> it is just ugly and i don't know if i will switch to a newer E just for this,
> because newer E means often more new Bugs :)
>
> For eve and ewebkit i have to take a look there were some more problems and i
> thought i included the working version :)
>
> For the other bugs i will have a look too in the next days.
>
> Thomas

Some more bugs for you.

ventura doesn't install:
root at om-gta02 /media/card # opkg install ventura
Installing ventura (0.2+svnr16-1.4) to root...
Downloading http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/ipk//armv4t/ventura_0.2+svnr16-1.4_armv4t.ipk.
Installing edbus (2:0.5.0.060+svnr48935-r1.4) to root...
Downloading http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/ipk//armv4t/edbus_0.5.0.060+svnr48935-r1.4_armv4t.ipk.
Installing efreet (2:0.5.0.060+svnr48935-r3.4) to root...
Downloading http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/ipk//armv4t/efreet_0.5.0.060+svnr48935-r3.4_armv4t.ipk.
Configuring edbus.
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package efreet wants to install file /usr/lib/efreet/efreet_desktop_cache_create
	But that file is already provided by package  * libefreet1
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ventura.

After a reboot, the filesystem on my SD card (4 GB Verbatim class 4) lost its shape, requiring a destructive fsck, so this might be the end of testing for me.

cheers,
rhn