[Debian] 2.6.34 Openmoko kernel package available

Neil Jerram neiljerram at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:31:19 CET 2010

On 16 December 2010 06:53, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/14 Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com>:
>>
>> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-fso/linux-2.6-openmoko.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian-2.6.34
>>
>> New Debian pkg-fso kernel available:
>
> And another one thanks to having inspirational time yesterday evening.

Thanks.  I am using this series of kernels, so I appreciate your work on them.

> - X.Org eats all the CPU unless you disable AutoAddDevices or remove
> extra /dev/input files

Even after removing the /dev/input files as you suggested (in
/etc/rc.local), my observation is that XOrg still eats all CPU after
an initial boot-up, but that if I then do "/etc/init.d/nodm stop" and
"/etc/init.d/nodm start", it returns to using a normal (small) amount
of CPU.  Is that as you would expect?

> - Sys paths have changed, so you most probably want to add "om gsm
> power 1" to /etc/rc.local (and install newest omhacks from pkg-fso if
> you already haven't)

I noticed that wifi is powered on after boot-up.  Is that expected?
Note that I am not currently running frameworkd or other FSO daemons -
so perhaps this is normal, and I haven't seen it before because the
FSO daemons turn wifi OFF when they start up.  (Alternatively, could
wicd be powering on the wifi?)

Regards,
          Neil