wiki down?

Harald Welte laforge at
Wed Dec 22 00:27:48 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:58:40PM -0800, Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> --- On Tue, 12/14/10, Harald Welte <laforge at> wrote:
> > > Anyone knows what happened to the
> >
> > Sorry, this was an unexpected after-effect due to a kernel update
> > on one of our machines.  The virtual machine running the wiki did not
> > come up after the reboot for some reason, and I was only checking the
> > mail / mailinglist service (a different vhost) after the
> > reboot and thought everything was up and running.
> >
> > Please let me know if there are any other oddities,
> The projects site is down as well.
> I tried :
> Is that also related with those machines?

Yes, it is related.  However, the reason for the downtime is the
fact that nobody is maintaining the installation
anymore, and it is running a machine with such old OS + software that
for simple security reasons we had to take it down.

I wish there was a different choice, but we are out of options.  There
is nobody maintaining :(

I was hoping for a solution where we can keep all the old
content in read-only mode, but once again, who is supposed to do the sysadmin
work required for that?

- Harald Welte <laforge at>
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)