[ANNOUNCE] release candidate 1 for new SHR-testing 2011.1

mokoalois at gmx.net mokoalois at gmx.net
Sun Dec 26 18:51:23 CET 2010

Hello

First of all: great work; thanks a lot for "reviving" SHR.
SHR-testing 2011.1 is joyous fast, compared to older SHR-Releases.

One thing I mentioned so far:
after installing shr-theme-neo everything works really fine and is in "neo-look".
But after a reboot, the old default-theme gets active and in the top-shelf the Buttons "< X >" are not shown anymore after pressing at the expected location of the display.

To "repair" it, i did the following:
- saving the file /home/root/.e/e/config/illume2-shr/e.cfg as soon as neo-theme is installed, configured and working nicely
- after a reboot: restore this saved file
- restart xserver-nodm
But after next reboot, I have to to this again if I want to use the neo-themes and these usefull buttons...

Another possibility to get the "< X >"-button back to life after rebooting:
- choosing the Default profile in "Settings > Profiles"
this revives this usefull button.

One more thing: I would really love to use shr-launcher again. the launcher made the daily-usage much more simpler. Are there plans to bring this app back into the SHR-feeds?

Regards Alois