Future of projects.openmoko.org

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Dec 29 21:57:57 CET 2010

See below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: openmoko.org services / projects is now down..
To: "Risto H. Kurppa" <risto at kurppa.fi>

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:41:47PM +0200, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> Hi Harald!
> There has now been some reports about projects.openmoko.org being down..
> I this permanent? If yes, it'd be good to create a forward to take the
> users to a wiki page telling what's happened and why. If it isn't
> permanent, some kind of announce would be useful. As far as I know,
> there is code that the developers / users would definitely want to
> backup before removing the whole projects.openmoko.org.

The change is going to be permanent, as the current installation is
unmaintained for about a year and poses severe security risks.

Anyone who's interested in backups should contact gismo and/or roh, they will
then provide snapshots of the requested information (e.g. cvs/svn/git

If somebody steps forwared to take the existing information and put all of the
repositories + downloads online somewhere (read-only) for historic reference,
I'd be more than happy to provide the respective account/data.

- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
                                                 (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)