Good evening to everyone

Hrabosh zbynecek at volny.cz
Fri Dec 31 01:05:03 CET 2010

	Hello guys,

I got my FreeRunner few weeks ago and since that I'm having fun
discovering it :-)

I had been trying OM, SHR, Debian, Android, QtMoko and decided to stay
with Qtmoko. I have v26,v30 and now v31 installed on several uSD cards
(v31 is in NAND memory).

Although QtMoko seems quite usable for Freerunner, there are still some
points where I'd like to ask you for help. But I'm already using FR with
QtMoko as my primary phone and its doing well :-)

1/ USB Host is not working in v30, v31 (in v26 is). Dmesg says "unable
to enumerate device". I was trying to connect USB flash drive, BT dongle
and USBtoRS232 converter (With PL2??something chip) - all these were
working on v26.

2/ GPRS is working on v30 and v31, great job !!

3/ Where am I to copy MP3 files to make MediaPlayer see them? I copied
them to /media/card/Documents/audio/mpeg
and /home/root/Documents/audio/mpeg but still didn't see in MP. QMplayer
was able to find them on first scan, but only if there were no further
directories in /home/root/Documents/audio/mpeg. Is there a way how to
tell these programs where are my MP3s stored?

4/ Does anyone know how to set FreeRunner to play music over bluetooth
audio stream? AFAIR it is called A2DP. Radio in my car is able to play
such stream so I'd like to use it.

5/ I'm going to replace 2.5" audio socket in FR by 3.5" socket -> so I
could connect my headphones directly to FR. Did anyone try so?

6/ IS there a way how to enter Czech letters using FR keyboard ? ... at
least in Navit? Street names in Navit are using czech letters and I'm
not able to enter their names without having such letters on the
keyboard.

7/ Can I use MP3 files as ringtones?

8/ Can I install ipk packages to QtMoko?

9/ People I call with are complaining about bad sound quality. Did it
happen to any of you?

Thanks for your time,

Zbynek,
Brno, Czech Republic