AW: What to do with a broken touchscreen?

hab keen oh ne baba_melone at
Thu Feb 4 23:27:46 CET 2010

I had the same problem because I - why ever - kept my key in the same pocket as my freerunner, so the touch screen took a physical damage, which can still be noticed by a dint in the upper left of the screen. Nevertheless, I got rid of the problem by causing an underpressure at this place with a glue strip. After some cleaning and the usage of the glue strip the permanent clicking stopped. Hope this will help, otherwise you could use - as already said - the pulster repair set or decrease the sensitivity of the screen for clicks.

Von: Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at>
An: community at
Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 4. Februar 2010, 18:56:19 Uhr
Betreff: What to do with a broken touchscreen?

What to do with a broken touchscreen?

I got trouble with the touchscreen. At first I tought it was dirty, and took the front cover off for cleaning. This only helped a little. Then I noticed a dent in the upper half of the display. I have enabled the X cursor, and see that while I can press the screen elsewhere and have the cursor go there, it always jumps back to the dent afterwards. And it will often move up and down a biut across the dent, causing all sorts of scrolling trouble.

Is there any way to fix the dent? A small dead area wouldn't be a problem, as it is above the software keyboard region.

Failing that, is it possible to replace the touchscreen hardware? Is spare parts available? Or will I have to replace the entire phone?

Helge Hafting

Do You Yahoo!?