[qtmoko] New significant speedups coming to FreeRunner

rixed at happyleptic.org rixed at happyleptic.org
Tue Feb 16 17:04:28 CET 2010

> It's a fact that to get to this state we're going to have to
> write a lot of hardware-specific code, and each developer who would
> potentially work on this stuff has to make their own decision about
> whether they want to do that for a GPU which won't be found elsewhere.

There is another, much more concrete obstacle across this path :
AFAIK there are no public release of glamo's datasheet.

While I find it conceivable to dedicate some time and effort
to code some low level code for a never to be seen again video chip,
then to code some apps using this code, I can't stand to have to guess
how the chip works.