ar6000 (FR's wifi) bugs, workarounds and CLI usage tips, read this for stable wifi

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at
Sun Feb 21 18:30:42 CET 2010

With small variations upon your script I have:

1) ~/wpa dir with the following contents:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ ls wpa/
amigos.wpa    casa.wpa      go            maxperf       spot.wpa

(the .wpa files are wpa config files with special setups).

2) maxperf is for the weird cases:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ cat wpa/maxperf

wmiconfig -ieth0 --power=maxperf

3) go just glue's Paul's commands (but required a bit more of sleep time
in order to work reliably, and using sh instead of bash):

root at om-gta02 ~ $ cat wpa/go

set -x

fsoraw -r WiFi -- sh -c "sleep 5; wpa_supplicant -i eth0 -D wext -c $CONF" &

sleep 10 && wpa_cli -a /home/root/wpa/ -B -G100

4) and is slightly modified (for instance, I don't have

root at om-gta02 ~ $ cat wpa/

if [ "$2" == "CONNECTED" ] ; then
       udhcpc $1
       pkill -f "wpa_cli -a"
       wpa_cli -a $0 -B -G100

5) running the following works, and recovers wifi when resumed after

cd wpa ; ./go casa.wpa