[FSO] Activate GPRS more than once?

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 1 00:33:47 CET 2010

2009/12/28 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at vanille-media.de>:

> I'm afraid this is a strange combination of a problem in Python, the
> Python glib bindings, and/or glib itself. When the ppp process gets
> closed, the supervising process (frameworkd in that case) hangs forever.
> I have not yet found a way to fix this, and these days I rather put all
> my energy into finishing fsogsmd. Patches appreciated, of course.

When fsogsmd is finished, will it be responsible for the ppp
supervision instead of frameworkd?  If so, I presume that will fix
this problem, because of fsogsmd not using Python and the bindings
mentioned above.  Is that correct?

In that case, putting energy into fsogsmd sounds good to me; thanks!

FWIW, I can confirm that my observations of GPRS, which I announced as
a second ActivateContext not working, are actually compatible with
"things stop working after a DeactivateContext".

Regards,
         Neil