Happy New Year from FSO

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sun Jan 3 16:32:25 CET 2010

Am Sonntag, den 03.01.2010, 15:42 +0100 schrieb Marcel:
> What about the Nokia N900? I don't know about the GSM modem, but at
> least its got a quite open Linux userspace...

AFAIK we can't even charge the battery N900 with FOSS, so I'd say
there's a whole set of different showstoppers lurking when attempting to
bring a free OS to the N900. The modem itself is using a binary protocol
as well, as opposed to the Palm Pre though it seems to be somewhat
documented.

Unfortunately this time I didn't seem to be eligible for a Nokia
developer discount, that's pretty much the reason why I don't have a
N900.

:M: