GSM Network Time

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 5 07:22:55 CET 2010

I am also on vodafone (Perth).  I have not checked zoneinfo recently ,
but time is never sent.  At one point Perth was in the eastern states
zone for vodafone which was ... odd.  I get a lot of:
"2010.01.05 13:57:53.619 otimed               INFO     GSM: multiple
zones found" messages in the framework log, but not sure what they mean.

If your routing is ok, the FR will try and set its time via the european
server, which is pretty flaky - I use a local server and that works fine
over usb and wifi - set it in frameworkd.conf.  The time must be within
some undefined (I cant find what it is) window before network time will
set it - if its too far out it will silently fail.  GSM time will work
regardless.

Make sure that your timezone and localtime files are ok (and not a
symlink)

The phone rarely drifts away from time sync, but usually a large
discrepancy after a reboot/crash/remove battery.

BillK