Bootloaders - part 2 (Was: Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?)

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:34:58 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Al Johnson
<openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>wrote:

> I guess Android only needs a forked Qi because it needed different boot
> parameters, and Qi can't read them from file when booting from NAND.

It makes me wonder why the missing functionality (ability to read parameters
from a file o something else in nand) wasn't implemented in the main Qi
instead of forking it.

> I find uboot very easy for multibooting.

Interesting. Care to tell more about your setup?
Which distributions are yu multibooting? Android, SHR, QtMoko, Hackable?
One in NAND and three or four on a sd card?
If you decide to switch sd card, do you hve to update uboot settings?

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen