QT and dbus - no such signal

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Fri Jan 8 12:52:14 CET 2010

Hi,

I am about to write my own little GPS application in Qt and try to connect to FixStatusChanged signal from Gypsy but have the following problem

Code snippet:
deviceInterface = new QDBusInterface("org.freedesktop.Gypsy", "/org/freedesktop/Gypsy/default", "org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Device", QDBusConnection::systemBus(),this);
connect(deviceInterface, SIGNAL(FixStatusChanged(int)), this, SIGNAL(fixChanged(int)));

I want to pass the signal on to use it somewhere else in my application...

now when starting my application I get:

Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::Gypsy::Device::FixStatusChanged(int)

but  mdbus -s org.freedesktop.Gypsy /org/freedesktop/Gypsy
lists:
[SIGNAL]    org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Device.FixStatusChanged( i:fixstatus )

Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

You can find the full code here:

http://git.senfdax.de/?p=qgpslog;a=blob;f=src/gypsy.cpp;h=27014f72b3705c6439e10d9130c8c03f8cd9bfdf;hb=HEAD

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,