openmoko io error

roby hariseldon78 at
Fri Jan 8 20:30:17 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Jan Henkins <jan at> wrote:
Hello Roberto,
I seem to have a similar issue. In my case my FR does not read SD cards,
and give the same error messages as above until the kernel simply disables
and removes the mmcblk0 device. I seem to remember that at some point
between the v.5 and v.6 hardware, a small resistor was put on to some legs
of the SIM or uSD card reader connections (you should be able to see one
on yours). I have a suspicion that this is what has gone wrong on your FR
as well as mine. Unfortunately this is simply a wild guess from my part, I
do not have the kit or expertise to test this.

yes, i have the resistor. is there anything to do about this?
and, btw, how can i know which version i have? under the battery i don't find useful info..