[SHR-U] Wifi?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:58:14 CET 2010

"Iain B. FIndleton" <ifindleton at videotron.ca> writes:
> Anybody actually have reliable bluetooth and/or wifi working on the
> SHR-U using the .29 kernel from last December?

Yes, bluetooth networking just worked for me. Please refer to
[1]. Unfortunately, pidof trick doesnt't work anymore with the latest
bluez4 releases so one needs to use:

"After bluetooth is powered on and bluetoothd is started one should do

export BTADAPTER=`dbus-send --system --dest=org.bluez --print-reply / \
org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter | tail -1 | sed 's/^.*"\(.*\)".*$/\1/'`

And then in all instructions instead of /org/bluez/`pidof bluetoothd`/hci0

one should use $BTADAPTER. The panu script should be altered too
obviously."

(sorry, i haven't put it on the wiki yet :( )

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com