AW: elementary webkit browser

hab keen oh ne baba_melone at
Sun Jan 10 12:32:20 CET 2010

I'd also appreciate an Android-like Textbox input method, i.e. a great text box should be shown whereas the rest of the page vanishes. What I hate about midori is the fact that with toolbar and keyboard sometimes the textbox vanishes, while eve supports no finger scrolling. Im looking forward to your work!

Von: c_c <cchandel at>
An: community at
Gesendet: Sonntag, den 10. Januar 2010, 10:50:50 Uhr
Betreff: elementary webkit browser

  Well, I was experimenting with webview in order to embed widgets in
launcher - and so ended up making a browser (like eve) but using elementary
and with finger scrolling.
  I'm hoping someone can help me use an edje file for layout - my edje
knowledge isn't all that great. I'm looking at getting the lower button /
url bar (cum progressbar) as an edje widget. I'm open to ideas - if people
aren't tired of giving some :)
  I was looking at a semi-transparent button in the lower left corner of the
browser that indicates % progress as the page gets loaded. On clicking the
button - a menu comes up that provides all the other functions - bookmarks,
zooming etc. Maybe the back and fwd button can be here - or use some
gestures on the main screen.
  I'll add the patch to eve to get finger scrolling soon.

  Here is the code (not yet on a repository) and the .bb file for those
interested. Works on latest shr-u. browser.tar.bz2

Openmoko community mailing list
community at

Do You Yahoo!?