phonefsod: duplicates frameworkd configurations?

Thomas Zimmermann ml at
Sun Jan 10 18:07:50 CET 2010

Am Sonntag 10 Januar 2010 16:35:24 schrieb arne anka:
> looking into phonefsod.conf i see, that it duplicates already existing fso
> configuration:
> - brighness
> - dim
> - idle_screen
> - suspend
> none of the above strikes me as especially particular to the _phone_
> functionality -- in fact, imo they heavily interfere with settings made
> elsewhere in frameworkd.conf or rules.yaml and being applied to the device
> as a whole.
> why tries a _phone_ daemon to handle stuff common to the  overall
> functionality?

Such questions about SHR apps should be asked on the shr-devel mailinglist,
because half of the authors of phonefsod aren't reading this ML.

As far as i know phonefsod does these things because FSO doesn't handle it
correctly. So until it's working correctly in FSO this is done in phonefsod