elm_browser initial release

Michael Smith openmoko at netapps.com.au
Thu Jan 14 03:29:01 CET 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:18:17 -0800 (PST)
c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Also, What are the bare essential features required of a browser on the
> FR?  I'm looking for suggestions from the community - to see what to add.

Make it as light as possible. If you want bookmarks then keep them on a server somewhere as a list of links. Just make it browse pages.

Using Midori yesterday I wished for the ability to specify the size of all text on all pages. Most of the text renders much too large to be usable for me.

I don't normally need a traditional address field. URLs are better entered from a popup IMHO. Otherwise they are a waste of screen space.
--
Michael Smith
Network Applications