Happy New Year from FSO

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Jan 14 18:02:55 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 14.01.2010, 17:05 +0100 schrieb Patryk Benderz:
> [cut]
> > Let me also remind you that we have a PayPal account for donations,
> > and
> HI Mickey,
> I was looking at
> > (1) http://www.ohloh.net/p/fso
> but wasn't able to find PayPal account for FSO.

Our paypal address is coreteam at freesmartphone.org -- this goes to the
whole FSO core team.

> BTW, are you really only one person developing/rewriting FSO to Vala?

Unfortunately yes, after Openmoko stopped funding us, my colleagues
started diving into their studies to finish those (which is a good
thing) -- so for the 6 months, I have been Mr. Lone Rider ... and due to
Vala's immaturity it has been a wild ride :)

In the last 6 months, I worked roughly 60 hours per week on FSO2. Thanks
to my wife having a full-time-job, I could do this without causing any
financial trouble.

I really believe in the APIs and the architecture we have with FSO1, so
I just had to work so much to get the critical mass done, in order to
get more people on board then.

This year will be different, as I have some other contracts to work on
non-FOSS. We're still trying to gather any FSO-based jobs, but with us
lacking a showcase on (non-Openmoko) hardware, it's very tough.

Don't get me wrong, I love the FreeRunner as it got the whole movement
going, but if FSO wants to have a chance to survive, it's vital to
finding newer platforms.

Cheers,

--
:M: