elm_browser initial release

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 14 20:52:25 CET 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010, c_c wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> > About "how do i do that in elementary": elm_win_fullscreen_set IIRC.
> > And for rotating: look at elementary_tests, it's there ;)
>
>   Well, here's another release. Changes :-
>
>  * zoom out added to menu
>  * stop loading page added to menu
>  * bookmarks added - I'm using sqlite as of now
>  * rotation added - the changeover takes time to complete and it's weird
> though cause the slip shelf and keyboard are still the 'right' way
>  * ability to change user agent added (but not tested)

Very nice :-) Works well with the squeezeserver nokia770 theme when rotated.
Mythweb is a little odd, but I've not looked into why. Dropdown lists don't
seem to work so I can't select the mobile zimbra interface, but other than
that the default interface seems to work!

I see what you mean about the rotation being weird. It seems to need a restart
after the orientation change before it occupies the correct area too. i could
see the menu button after changing from portrait to landscape but it wouldn't
function, and the render width didn't appear to have changed, leaving the old
image of the buttons from the settings dialog on screen. Conversely when going
from landscape to portrait the buttons were usable, but further from the
bottom than expected, and the bottom portion of the screen wasn't being used.

The first time I added a bookmark it segfaulted, but the bookmark was present
when I restarted the browser. I haven't been able to reproduce this though,
and the second bookmark added without problems.

> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4394197/browser_1.0-r0.4_armv4t.ipk
> browser_1.0-r0.4_armv4t.ipk

I had to remove then reinstall before I got the new version. --force-reinstall
left me with the old one.