New significant speedups coming to FreeRunner

Neil Jerram neiljerram at
Thu Jan 14 23:41:56 CET 2010

2010/1/8 Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at>:
> If you want to have a quick grab of the new kernel for Debian (or any
> distro that loads uImage from a file), I put my compilation of kernel
> and modules to

I've just installed Timo's kernel from,
and indeed it does feel a lot snappier.  Even more so when I remember
to switch frameworkd logging back from DEBUG to WARNING :-).

But I noticed two apparent changes/regressions.

1. The openmoko-panel-plugin battery icon doesn't notice changes to
the battery charging state.  I can force it to notice by clicking on
the icon, but it doesn't notice itself.  I guess that means that the
dbus signals for charging status are not working.

2. My habitual finger presses on the screen don't always register.  Is
it possible that this new kernel has a less sensitive touchscreen
configuration than my previous kernel?

My previous kernel was the Debian 2.6.28 one:

Any comments?