using FSO to controll secondary phone?

joakim at verona.se joakim at verona.se
Mon Jan 18 06:59:41 CET 2010

Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> writes:

> Frederik Sdun <frederik.sdun at googlemail.com> writes:
>> * joakim at verona.se <joakim at verona.se> [17.01.2010 07:45]:
>>> Would it be possible to attach a secondary phone over BT to the
>>> Freerunner and controll it with FSO, the same way as the inbuilt phone
>>> device?
>>
>> I think over bluetooth is not possible. But if you can establish a
>> network connection you can use gabriel[1[, which should be in the SHR repo
>> since yesterday.
>
> Why not bluetooth? Many cellphones expose AT interface over bluetooth,
> with rfcomm channel created one can start another instance of ogsmd to
> treat it like a single-line modem.

I had in mind that the secondary phone(s) should be as dumb as possible,
so I dont think establishing network connections to the secondary
devices would be desirable. That would imply a smartphone-level device.

The rfcomm+ogsmd aproach thus seems more palatable.

Does anyone have any recomendations for a simple reliable phone that
would be remote controlable this way?
--
Joakim Verona