Freerunner can now play Ogg video

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jan 18 16:20:20 CET 2010

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> With mplayer from debian unstable videos created with
>
> ffmpeg2theora -x 320 -y 240 --videoquality 3 --speedlevel 2 --audioquality
>
> do not play smoothly even with "-nosound".

Same here. I think my video had lower bitrate and fps, i appended

-V 300 -F 15

and it plays ok now. Maybe my test ogv had different audio codec (accidentally
deleted it). IIRC debian mplayer uses floating point implementation for
decoding ogg so it's crappy. But after compiling with integer only ogg decoder
it should be ok. I'll have to try it.

> I am using andy-tracking a3587e4ed77974ad with DEBUG and PREEMPT
> disabled with Xorg and xserver-xorg-video-fbdev -- are you perhaps
> using xserver-xorg-video-glamo instead?

No, for sure it was fbdev.

Regards

Radek