[debian/fso] how to enable wlan again?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:08:31 CET 2010

2010/1/16 arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>:
> qdbus --system org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
> org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy WiFi enabled

lindi found out that the new kernel is "too fast" which randomly fails
the ar6000 initialization:

http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2327

I also noticed the problem last evening, although before that it had
worked when I tested (as it works randomly). I now quickly recompiled
the kernel with the suggested patch and put the resulting kernel at
the familiar place:

http://users.tkk.fi/~tajyrink/moko/kernel_20100108_nodebug_nopreempt/

According to the last comment in the bug report, the patch is not
necessarily enough, but if it makes it better it's good. I have no
time at the moment to test it extensively, but WLAN worked on first
boot at least...

-Timo