[Debian] installer:<<E: Could not find the following binaries: ar>> and few questions

Joif fdvjoif at vodafone.it
Tue Jan 19 13:56:11 CET 2010

I tried today to install Debian on uSD following the instructions on the wiki
but I received an error after typing the ./install.sh command:
# [options] ./install [options] all
# E: Could not find the following binaries:  ar
But in the debian repository there are no packages named "ar", maybe "ara"?
If so, a correction of the install script is needed.

I have few questions :)

1) I read of poeple using kernel and rootfs in only one partition with
uBoot. to do that, are correct the following options?
# TASKS="ALL" SINGLE_PART=true ./install.sh --part1-fs ext3 --part1-size
<size MB> --swap-size <size MB> all

2)I have a 8GB Kingston uSD, a reasonable swap size? is 512MB enough?

3)what is the function of the environment variable SD_PART2_FS if in the
script there is no SD_PART2_SIZE? it would be useful to set a second
partition for data storage....

thank you!