[debian/shr apps] conatcts app crashes with full addressbook w/o any error message

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:13:49 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:14:16PM +0100, arne anka wrote:
> > shh freerunner
> > $ export DISPLAY=:0.0
> > $ gdb phoneuid
> > # run
> > # bt
>
> here's what i get when starting phoneui-contacts. besides the actual crash
> there seems to be an issue with the log file -- i don't find where it is
> defined, but it is set to /var/log/phoneuid.log ... and per default
> writable for root only, while phoneuid runs as normal user, i guess?

phoneuid is supposed to be started as the X user. In SHR they are
using the root account for everything, so they don't have this
problem ;) Try adding "log_file = " in the config file.

> #1  0x401ded1c in _compare_contacts (_a=<value optimized out>, _b=0x112124) at phoneui-utils.c:674

And another failing strcmp :P (The segfaults I reported so far where
strcmp caused, too). I just checked the source. I guess you have a
contact with an empty Name field. Can you check
[1] /etc/freesmartphone/opim/csv-contacts.txt for such contacts?

> > Ah I may have forgotten to switch default logging back to file. Can
> > you check your frameworkd's config?
>
> yes, indeed. although i compared both the old and the new one in meld and
> copied log_level and log_destination over, the hash mark has escaped me.
> log_to was set to stderr instead of file.

I guess I should change this back *makes notice*

-- Sebastian