New significant speedups coming to FreeRunner

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 21 02:08:50 CET 2010

Check for cron or another app using 100% cpu - I had this awhile back
and it "seemed" to affect suspend time, but I think that was because it
chewed up so much battery that battery life overall seemed short.

I am using shr-t and it seems battery life is better if anything on both
the current (no debug/preempt kernel) and a modified version with even
more drastic mods (-O2 instead of -Os)

Which brings up - how can a user benchmark a kernel in a way thats
relevant for user tasks?

BillK

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 21:10 -0300, Michal Brzozowski wrote:

> 2010/1/20 arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>
>         > I experience a very bad suspend battery life after I started
>         using the
>         > faster kernel. Even when I make sure gps, gsm, wifi are
>         turned off. Has
>         > anyone noticed this? Or maybe something else is causing
>         this?
>

>         i got the impression that bluetooth is always on (illume top
>         shelf always
>         shows the bt symbol and a simple hci[tool|config] dev shows
>         the device).
>         no time to dig deeper yet.
>

> Over here bluetooth is off, so must be something else.

Home in Perth!