[debian/fso] phonefsod: unpredictable pin dialog and questions abot config options

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 22:49:09 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:03:07PM +0100, arne anka wrote:
> > hmm, strange thing. This is exactly what we intend to do... retry to
> > access FSO until it appears on the scene... and then list the resources
> > and register GSM if it is there... if not, wait for the signal that the
> > GSM resource
> > appeared.
>
> well, that's what i thought.
> i've seen two different scenarios, when no pin dialog appears:
> one was a message like "could not set environment" or something to that
> effect.
> the other one, that phonefsod apparently waits forever (although fsousaged
> lists it as gsm user in its log and fso-abyss is started).
>
> please bear in mind, that debian's frameworkd is not quite up to date, if
> i recall mickey's comments a while back correctly.

fso-frameworkd in pkg-fso is currently a git checkout from 20090920.
There will be a git head version in the next hour, but there were
only changed in opimd and a small fix for ogpsd since then. This
will most probably not fix your problem!

I guess mickey meant the framework from Debian main repository,
which is VERY old (~ one year).

-- Sebastian