RTC failure in January (was: New significant speedups coming to FreeRunner)

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 24 19:04:02 CET 2010

2010/1/24 Andy Poling <andy at realbig.com>:

> I finally looked into it, and this is the problem (with RTC debugging
> enabled): [...]

Wow, what a fantastic bug!  So, IIUC, it will only strike someone who
upgraded in January from a kernel without Werner's change, to one with
Werner's change - because the old kernel will have left a 0 value in
pcf->time[PCF50606_TI_MONTH].

Amazing :-)  Great investigation too.  I'm really pleased that this is
understood now and is going to be fixed.

What about the attached patch to ease transition, and to get a working
RTC before February?

Regards,
        Neil