[Android] Help needed: adb, WiFi and terminal

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Tue Jan 26 02:22:19 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Åsmund Stavdahl <smund3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello fellow Openmokonians,
>
> I recently installed Android on my FR, and so far I am very pleased with
> it's performance.
> Sadly I am having some problems:
>
> 1.: I have trouble connecting my Android to Ubuntu Karmic. This is what
> I do when I try to connect it:
>    -boot Ubuntu
>    -connect my FR to the computer via USB
>    -I use Qi, so it boots automatically when I connect it with USB
> I once (the first time) got a Network-Manager notifier when I connected,
> but since then I've not seen the device anywhere but in lsusb (not in
> ifconfig -a, Network-Manager or Wicd).
> Any suggestions as of what I am doing wrong?
>
> 2.: WiFi problems! I've always had WiFi problems on every wireless
> device I've owned, so I'm quite used to it. It says it's connected after
> I've selected my AP and entered my passkey, but no network traffic
> whatsoever. Do I need to enable/disable something?

What version of Android have you installed? How is your AP configured?
(WEP, WPA, etc.) Do you have MAC-based access control on your AP?

> 3.: I'd very much like to use the built-in terminal emulator, but I
> can't submit the command (pressing enter doesn't work).
> Any obvious tricks I've missed here?

You may have better luck asking your questions on the
android-on-freerunner mailing list at:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-on-freerunner

You might also check the FAQ at:
http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions