[QtMoko] hwclock issue

Joif fdvjoif at vodafone.it
Wed Jan 27 00:14:35 CET 2010

Hi!
I'm using QtMoko v16b on the NAND and I have other distro on the uSD.
My time is GMT+1 and when I have to choose the correct time on QtMoko I set
it on the Paris time zone. But when I use another distro I see that the time
reported is exactly GMT not GMT+1. Also, some time after a reboot (and
specially after using Debian) I see during the boot an error message about
the impossibility to read the hardware clock and to set the time to
01/01/1970. This error disappears from the boot only if I remove the
battery.

This is what I have if I give date and hwclock in the terminal of QtMoko:
neo:~# date
Tue Jan 26 23:54:02 CET 2010
neo:~# hwclock
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access
method.
neo:~# hwclock --debug
hwclock from util-linux-ng 2.13.1.1
hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc0 failed, errno=16: Device or resource busy.
No usable clock interface found.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.