Now someone REALLY has to help me!!

Vaudano Luca vaudano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:45:18 CET 2010

Hi,
I said that I never had Android on my Freerunner so maybe it can cause
some issue.
But normally the installation on the internal memory it's very simple.
Shortly:

1
Take the two files that you wrote in your email. They are fine:
 http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/images/om-gta02/full-om-gta02.jffs2
( yes, Testing is more stable than unstable :) )
http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/images/om-gta02/uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin
( yes, only one file )

2
Install DFU-utility software on a Ubuntu (I think you are using it)
with this command from
the shell:
sudo aptitude install dfu-util

3
Enter in root mode in your desktop
sudo -s

4
Connect the Neo to your computer via USB.

5
On your Neo:
Press and hold AUX button
Press the Power button until the boot menu comes up
This menu is labelled *** BOOT MENU (NOR) ***
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:Menu15.jpg

6
Before this menu disappears, write in the desktop shell
dfu-util -d 0x1d50:0x5119 -a kernel -R -D uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin

7
When finished., always in the desktop shell
dfu-util -d 0x1d50:0x5119 -a rootfs -R -D full-om-gta02.jffs2
this operation takes time!

8
Finish! Now you can restart your Neo with SHR

ciao
Luca