[debian] minor enhancements

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 07:24:31 CET 2010

(forgot to answer to this)

2010/1/12 Neil Jerram <neiljerram at googlemail.com>:
>>> - In zhone, keep current SMS selected when returning from the SMS
>>> display screen.
>>
>> You could try to submit that to upstream [1] as well.
>
> I regard all of my patches as "submitted upstream", by virtue of
> having been announced here.  Is there a specific further step that I
> should take to offer and flag them to git.freesmartphone.org ?

Well, I think you could discuss with FSO team if you could commit
rights to the zhone repository there. It's the most obvious/known
place anyway, and I'd think it'd bring more visibility to the patches
in your tree if they would be there.

> If no one else wants to do it, I would be happy to be responsible for
> collating further zhone development.

Exactly, and thanks a lot for your current work.

> The problem is that it's just too good-looking!

I quite agree. Despite its limitations (like to send SMS receiver has
to be in the addressbook, and the lack of proper phone log) I like it
a lot.

> Can someone from freesmartphone.org comment on possible processes here?

Maybe ask on http://projects.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/smartphones-userland/
list, or file a ticket in their trac asking commit permissions?

> Thanks, I will integrate these.  [2] looks easy, but [3] looks like it
> will need a tweak to retain the current SIM-backed contacts too.

Yes, it would probably need a bit more work.

-Timo